Programme for ECEN Open Forum Day
Wednesday 11th of September 2019, Oxford UK
||B. Molewijk (NL): Welcome and introduction to the day
||G. Neitzke (GER): Qualifying Ethics Support Services and Training Ethics Consultants in Germany: Steps to Consider
||M. Stolper (NL): Tools to train and assess (the quality of) Clinical Ethics Support. What is a good facilitator of Moral Case Deliberation and how to assess it?
||I. Miljeteig (NO): The tool ASK ME used in capacity building among CEC-members in Bergen, Norway, and Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
||N. Foureur (FR): Initiation to CESS: A new French institutional training opened to all healthcare professionals
||J. Matejek (CZ): Training Ethics Consultation in Prague
||D. Sacchini et al. (IT): The six-year Experience of the Italian Master in Clinical Bioethics Consultation (2013-2018)
||General Discussion: National and/or European Strategies for Training in Ethics Consultation!!??
||Interactive panel session:
Innovative ways of doing CES: examples & ideas beyond traditional CES conceptions
||Feedback, next ECEN meeting and Closure of OFD
The European Clinical Ethics Network (ECEN) invites you to:
August 26 – September 1, 2018
Borca di Cadore -Dolomites, Italy
Aims of the ECEN Summer School
Candidates will get facilitated to further develop their own professional profile through their own learning style. Candidates will develop their (inter)national professional network in the field of clinical ethics and get the opportunity to be tutored by senior colleagues in the field. Candidates will improve their knowledge and expertise in the field of Clinical Ethics Support Services with respect to the following topics:
- What is ethics about? What is clinical ethics support?
- Methods for practicing clinical ethics support
- Organizational aspects of clinical ethics support
- Research and quality improvement of CESS
- Philosophical dimensions of clinical ethics activities
Scientific Committee of the 2018 ECEN Summer school
- Jean-Philippe Cobbaut, PhD. (Jean-Philippe.COBBAUT@univ-catholille.fr)
Director of the Centre of Medical Ethics/Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of Lille (France)
- Andrea Dörries, MD, CAS‐HSG (firstname.lastname@example.org) Director of the Zentrum für Gesundheitsethik (ZfG), Hannover (Germany)
- Geral Neitzke MD, Institute for History, Ethics and Philosophy of Medicine and Clinical Ethics Committee, Hannover Medical School (Germany)
- Véronique Fournier, MD, PhD. (email@example.com) Centre for Clinical Ethics, Cochin Hospital, Paris(France)
- Bert Molewijk, RN/PhD. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Program Director Moral Deliberation, VUmc Amsterdam. Associate Professor Clinical Ethics, UIO, Oslo(Norway)
- Renzo Pegoraro, Phd/MD (email@example.com)
Fondazione Lanza, Padova (Italy)
Chancellor of the Pontifical Academy, Rome (Italy)
Further information and Registration: Luciana Caenazzo firstname.lastname@example.org)
We hereby invite you to attend and contribute to the fifth ECEN Open Forum Day!
The European Clinical Ethics Network (ECEN) has created an initiative called “Open Forum Day” as a platform organized by and for people with experience in the practice, research and training of clinical ethics support.
With the ECEN Open Forum Day the ECEN hopes:
- To exchange and share ideas and experiences with colleagues who have experience in Clinical Ethics Support Services (CESS) who are just about to implement or have already implemented CESS structures (clinical case presentation or general experience with CESS);
- To exchange evaluation research with respect to CESS.
- To exchange empirical Research and/or education experience in CESS
- To inform colleagues about the ECEN and its work regarding clinical ethics support and services (CESS);
- To exchange experience from relevant case consultations.
You are invited to join us and share your clinical experiences, research designs & plans, results and questions with your professional peers within the field of CESS and submit an abstract for a presentation, case-report, research proposal etc.
Registration & Payment
The Open Forum Day is organized prior to the EACME conference (see https://www.eacme2018.amsterdam/). There is a maximum of 50 participants (first come first serve). Please register by sending an email to: email@example.com. Participants have to pay a fee of 25 € for room, coffee/tea and lunch (to be paid on site).
Call for abstracts & proposals
Anyone interested is invited to complete the attached document for submissions and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the May, 13th, 2018!
Possible subjects for presentations: Research in CESS, Clinical Ethics Case Discussions, Challenges in CESS practice, CESS in different contexts (e.g. hospitals, community etc.), Evaluation and Documentation of CESS, CESS and organizational ethics etc.
Decisions about the submitted abstracts and proposals, made by the ECEN Steering Group, will be communicated in mid- June 2018.
Details for registration and participation will be published on this website
9.00-9.30.: Welcome, brief introductions & about ECEN, participants introductions
- Towards a method for clinical ethics support to promote inter-professional communication about ethically difficult care situations: Observations of an intervention
Catarina Fischer Grönlund et al.
- Applicability of clinical ethics consultation in out-patient settings in Bulgaria
Silviya Aleksandrova-Yankulovska & Polya Bozhinova
Coffee break 11.00-11.30
- Clinical ethics consultation (CEC) as “shared document”. Emerging ethical and medico-legal issues: the experience of IBioMedH-UCSC CEC Service (2005-2016)
Dario Sacchini et al.
4.Taking resistance seriously – Moral Case Deliberations with prison staff in the Netherlands
Anne Schaap et al.
- Method and Approach in Ethics Consultation
Alessandra Gasparetto et al.
LUNCH BREAK 13.00- 14.00
- Roles, results and challenges of a 9 years experience on Clinical Ethics Consultation (CEC) in Chile
Juan Pablo Beca
- A healthy moral case deliberation practice: research from a medical humanities perspective
Jelle van Gurp
15.00 – 15.30
- Clinical Ethics Consultation Service – First Experience from the Czech Republic
Coffee break 15.30-16.00
16.00 – 16.30
- Clinical Ethics Support in Turkey: A long distance to be covered urgently
Mustafa Volkan Kavas
16.30 – 17.00
Final Conclusions, feedbacks, future proposals and recommendations
The conference venue (39th Santa Rosa Street, Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona): Teaching Department of the Borja Institute of Bioethicis is the same like 2017 EACME conference
(https://goo.gl/maps/huc8SEcUvhQ2), the same place like the 2017 EACME Annual Conference (http://eacme2017bcn.org/information/conference-venue/
Fee: 25 EUR
European Clinical Ethics Network (ECEN) – 4th Open Forum Day – Barcelona, Spain, 6th of September 2017
For further information see “events”
For application please send an email to: email@example.com
7 th September, Leuven (Belgium)
Further Information and registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
16 September, Sardinia.
Further Information: contact[at]ecenetwork.org